2. February 2011 13:13
The last few months, I have focused this blog on
customer service, which is always critical in our industry, but this month, as
we prepare for the busy seasons of Spring and Summer, I am focusing on they key
items, or ‘Top 10’, that transferees need to know when they ship their vehicle.
So here they are, in no particular order.
- Make sure your transportation company has an active
phone number for you where they can reach you both at origin and destination.
- If your vehicle is not running, be sure and let your
transportation company’s counselor know as soon as possible.
- Do not cancel your insurance policy.
- Ensure that you have two complete sets of keys for
- Make sure that your vehicle is completely emptied of any
personal items prior to shipment.
- Replenish coolants etc. prior to shipment, especially
during inclement weather conditions.
- Disconnect all alarms.
- Remove any non-permanent items such as ski racks etc.
- Remove or retract any antennae.
- Have less than one-half of a tank of gas in the vehicle,
but ensure that it’s not completely empty (i.e. the gas light should not be
Share these ‘tips’ with your transferees and please
post a comment to this blog with any additional ones you might also recommend.